Internet marketing is a great way to help you build your home business, whether it’s an online or offline business it is an extremely cost effective technique. When it comes to mass email marketing you can literally reach hundreds of thousands of potential customers all with the click of a button and with very little overhead (just the price of your internet connection, autoresponder costs and possibly website hosting costs).
The low cost of this type of advertisement had a downside at one time as companies started sending out millions of messages to unsuspecting email recipients who then started complaining about spam – unsolicited bulk commercial emails.
The rocketing number of spam emails that were being sent out created a back lash from the public which eventually led to new laws to prevent the abuse of mass email messaging, the CAN SPAM laws. These laws basically state that you can’t send out a lot of emails to random email addresses without their consent.
In order to be in compliance with the law and not be accused of spamming, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Your email message must have an accurate ‘from’ heading where you put in your name or the name of your company.
2. The subject line on your email must be accurate and relate to the actual content of your email.
3. As the sender you must provide an actual physical address for you or your company.
4. Make sure to clearly label your email if it contains adult content.
5. You cannot have a false header on your email.
6. You must provide a clear and free link for the recipient to ‘unsubscribe’ and if they click on that link they should immediately be removed from your email list and you should never send them another email unless they opt-in again on their own.
7. Having an ‘opt-in’ list is probably your very best defense against being accused of spam. This method will encourage your website visitor to sign up to receive your emails. They are giving you permission to send them information via emails. In order to get them to sign up to your list you can offer them an incentive such as a free report, free eBook or a multi part mini-course that they will receive over a period of a week or so. Whatever you offer them to get them to sign up, make sure it has real value to your subscriber. Take a little time and develop something informational that has some real value and substance to it.
These are the basics of the law. I’m not an expert or a lawyer so make sure you take a little time and learn all the ins and outs of the CAN SPAM law so that you can make sure your online business is in compliance. Don’t let the new laws scare you off from using mass email marketing since it can be a very effective marketing tool for your online business.
If you just follow the regulations, you will be in compliance and you will be able to add a lot of customers to your online business which will eventually lead to a lot more sales and that’s what we all want.
So, if you are still wondering “Why should I start making money from home” you should really be asking how soon can I start? Check out the program below for an honest way to make money online. It is working for me…